Join hands Yuzhong
How is the difference between casting and forging?
In fact, it is difficult to distinguish between forging and casting from the appearance, but in fact, the forging wheel is much lighter than the casting wheel, and the weight of the forging and casting wheel of the same shape can be about 30%. So today, the slag remover teaches you how to identify forging and casting?
1. Casting: It is the process of smelting metal into a liquid that meets certain requirements and pouring it into a mold. After cooling and solidifying and clearing, a casting having a predetermined shape, size and performance is obtained. The basic process of the modern machinery manufacturing industry. The blank produced by casting has low cost, and it can show its economicality for parts with complicated shape, especially with complex inner cavity; at the same time, it has wide adaptability and good comprehensive mechanical properties.
There are many types of castings, which are customarily divided according to the modeling method:
1. Ordinary sand casting, including wet sand type, dry sand type and chemical hardening sand type.
2. Special casting, according to the modeling materials, can be divided into two types: special casting with natural mineral sand as the main molding material and special casting with metal as the main casting material.
The casting process usually includes:
1. Preparation of mold, the mold can be divided into sand type, metal type, ceramic type, mud type, graphite type according to the materials used. It can be divided into disposable type, semi-permanent type and permanent type according to the number of times of use. Inferior is the main factor affecting the quality of castings;
2. Melting and casting of cast metal. Casting metals are mainly cast iron, cast steel and cast non-ferrous alloys;
3. Casting treatment and inspection, casting treatment includes removal of foreign objects on the surface of the core and casting, removal of the riser, burrs and burrs, as well as heat treatment, shaping, anti-rust treatment and roughing.